NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTTS
Why Quit Smoking?
- Smoking costs roughly $300 per month for a one pack per day smoker.
- Quitting adds 7-10 years to your life.
- Quitting is the single most beneficial thing you can do to improve your health.
- Quitting takes skill, practice and support. Nicotine manages your moods and feelings, providing a quick, yet dangerous, pick-me-up.
The most effective way to treat nicotine addiction is to address all aspects of the problem: biological, social, and psychological.
- Teaches you techniques for managing depression, anxiety and sadness.
- Uses behavioral strategies to deal with the “triggers” that lead to your smoking.
- Discusses the various “nicotine replacement therapies” and determines which is best for you. Then we develop a plan specifically tailored to each client.
- Provides individual and group therapy, along with exercise and dietary counseling.
- Finally, we discuss how to handle relapses and maintain life as a non-smoker.
Need help quitting? Call us at 508-679-8111 to schedule your first appointment.